Costume Hire Terms and Conditions
1. It is assumed that customers have read, understood and agreed to the listed conditions of hire. Signature thereof will be deemed as acceptance.
2. YOU MUST BE 18 years OR OVER TO MAKE A BOOKING.
3. All costumes remain the property of Harlequin Costume Hire.
4. The named hirer has the sole responsibility for the costume until the costume is returned to Harlequin Costume Hire premises
5. NO REFUNDS will be issued once a costume has been booked, this includes cancellation of the function, for whatever reason
6. Any changes to a booking will be subject to an R100 administration fee.
7. Costumes cannot be changed once they have left the shop premises.
8. Customers should check their costume thoroughly and advise the shop of any damage, marks, or items missing before rental.
9. Costumes must be returned on the day specified on the hire agreement and returned within normal shop opening times, failure to do so will result in an R100 penalty per day, for every day that the costume is returned late.
10. Customers must not wash costumes or tumble dry any wet item.
11. Customers must not attach sticky labels or badges to any part of the costume.
12. Customers must not pin, sew, glue or iron any costume that is hired.
13. The deposit will be forfeited, or the cost of replacement charged if;
1. A costume is returned beyond reasonable repair
2. The costume is returned needing specialized cleaning
3. The costume is returned with permanent damage, i.e. cigarette burns
4. The costume is returned with one or more items missing
5. Any modifications have been carried out on the costume
6. The costume is returned with blood (or other body fluids)
7. The costume is not returned to Harlequin Costume Hire for whatever reason
14. I undertake to pay:
1. The Full replacement fee if one or more items are not returned
2. For any damages or special cleaning should Harlequin Costume Hire deems it necessary.
3. All costs legal or otherwise that may be incurred in the recovery of the costumes not returned or amounts owing.
NOTE: Payment for the above may initially be deducted from my deposit, but should that not be enough, I undertake to pay the full balance in cash.
15. Wigs hired are not to be cut or styled in any way and no gel or hairspray may be used on them.
16. I record that I, understand and accept the above conditions of hire: